So, today I began to port an old .NET 2.0 windows forms application to Linux. Interesting experience during which I learned a few things.
- Don’t use pre-build and post-build CMD scripts.
- Special folders like %APPDATA% are Windows only.
- If you are using web browser control you will need to replace it.
- Getting stuff from registry is also not happening (there is none on linux).
- Latest version of Monodevelop is targeting .NET framework 4.5
I stopped with porting because latest version of Ubuntu 16.04 does not support l2tp/IPSEC. And I need to tunnel to work to test it out completely.